Alongside every uniform, is a family
Alongside is the first organisation in Australia to provide proactive education, transition and deployment support, mental health and wellbeing services specifically tailored to the needs of frontline families.
Through proactive education programs, mental wellbeing services and community events, Alongside empowers frontline families to:
- Know when, where and how to seek support
- Implement strategies for adapting to shiftwork, stress and frontline life
- Connect to a community of frontline families in metro and remote areas
- Offset the challenges and upheaval of relocation and deployment
- Navigate recruit and the first few months on the job, including key points of need across career
- Develop communication strategies for managing frontline life in the home, in relationships and with children
Alongside programs provide resilience and capacity building tools for frontline families to thrive, normalising conversations surrounding mental wellbeing and implementing a proactive approach to early intervention and prevention of mental injuries and suicide in frontline personnel.
The Alongside website is currently undergoing a makeover, for further information on programs and services please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To stay up to date on all things frontline families, sign up for our newsletter and be sure to follow us on facebook